Saturday, September 18, 2010

May 1984

You can use the older post/new post buttons at the bottom  
to go to the previous or next month listings.
Or choose a specific month from the archive at right.

August archive features January 1980 - December 1982.


Wow. This is a pretty bad month. You'll see stuff that has already been shown plenty of times. By this time cable TV had infiltrated a good chunk of San Antonio households and there were plenty of cable stations that were showing old movies. On some Saturdays it was almost nonstop old movies from 
10 AM til 5 PM.
I would assume that this made local programmers rethink what they were programming. You've noticed in the few months before there were a large number of adult themed films.
We've got 7 more months of this and then, we'll go backwards from 1979. Unless I notice an inordinate amount of films that have already been shown plenty of times in the late 70's. 
Then I'll just start work on Project Terror.
 


MAY 5 1984
1:00 PM Channel 12
Kung Fu (1971) 

When I was transcribing I figured that this was probably the pilot episode of the TV show, 
but since that didn't air til 1972 it can't be that.
 This is the second airing of this title with the same year given as its release. I can't really be sure of what movie this was. 



MAY 12 1984
1:00 PM Channel 5
 Clip.


MAY 19 1984
No movies scheduled.


MAY 26 1984
1:00 PM Channel 5
Tarzan's Three Challenges (1963)

2 comments:

  1. All these rare Tarzan screenings are killing me. Woody Strode plays an Asian warlord on Three Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no recollection of these Tarzan flicks. All I ever remember are the Weissmuller ones.

    ReplyDelete